Exploring business bringing in resembles engaging an ocean waves of work. Assertions, invoices, license/permits, customs bonds… attempting to explore each part of clearing customs all alone can feel like you're going against the flow. To clear up a portion of the disarray around customs procedures, we're going more than two significant archives you may run into while importing, single entry bond and continuous bonds. Fortunately, customs intermediaries are specialists in everything to do with clearing your shipments. We can reveal to you how to get a customs bond, assist you on checking all of your tariff codes, and make your filing process go smoother.


In case you're importing in business merchandise worth over $2,500, or any products like guns subject to other government organizations, you'll need to post a customs bond. You may likewise need to post a bond delivering products state to state - this relies upon the transporter/ carrier - and you'll require a bond any time you need to direct movement in a safe CBP territory. While bonds commonly concern permanent imports, you'll need a bond for Temporary Importation under Bond passages also. Regardless of whether you post a single entry bond or a continuous bond is up to you. Neglecting to look for a single entry bond in these circumstances will lead deferrals at the border, ones that can lead your shipments being dismissed inside and out. Your broker's bond - that is our own - may likewise be utilized for your merchandise/products/goods. Single entry bonds are actually what they sound like: bonds that are useful for a single use as it were or importing goods/product once/twice in a year.

single entry bond and continuous bond difference


A continuous bond will benefit organizations who import products into the United States on a regular basis. A continuous bond, which is more practical and efficient than a single entry bond for regular shippers/importers, allows you to import on a regular basis and through different ports of entry. A continuous bond is valid until one of the signing parties, the shipper/importer or the surety, decides to cancel it. The CBP has the same option. If the bond is not broken, it will automatically regenerate. When you obtain a continuous bond, you will be required to pay 10% of the charges/fees, tariffs, and taxes you paid as a merchant/importer in the previous year. This means that, unlike a set cost, the value of your bond will fluctuate every year or every 12 months. Unless the relevant guidelines expressly allow it, no CBP bond can be worth less than $100. If you're worried about the amount of your bond, get in touch with us.

Any Questions?

Get in touch with us if you need any assistance! Here's where you can get FREE Import advice.

Contact Us Now !

Free Import Consulting

Either Single Entry Bond or Continuous Bond are very important when it comes to importing, but not all the time you import needs a bond. People importing personal merchandise, for instance, all things considered won't have to look for a single entry bond vs continuous bond . Likewise, not all organizations occupied with business importing require a bond. That is why Single Entry Bond vs Continuous Bond is very important, so that importers will decide which bond required for them.

Most of the candidate for a continuous bond are:

  1. Business do importing more than twice a year
  2. International carriers regularly travelling in and out of the United States
  3. Anyone who does business with the U.S Customs Border Protection (CBP) on a regular basis
  4. Anyone who imports through multiple ports

Or you may prefer a single entry bond if:

  1. One-time high value exports
  2. Firearms and other regulated goods
  3. Low importing activity, up to twice a year